I'll admit that I often find vampire stories cliched and silly, but this novel is so witty and fun that I just loved it. Daisy is a (seemingly) average 16-year-old in a small town that is anything but average. Even Daisy's family is full of special powers, except for where her father is concerned, but he mysteriously disappeared one day. Between trying to vie for attention as the only "norm" in her family and also from her best friend and secret crush Ryan, Daisy has a lot on her hands. But when her psychic mom and sisters can't solve a teen murder case, Daisy becomes determined to solve the murder herself, suspecting snotty cheer captain and ex-friend Samantha, who recently took on a..."dead" look.
Daisy is a funny, loveable heroine that I think many girls can relate to in one way or another. Even the craziest characters in the novel are believable, which makes this a very fun book to read. The exciting, fast-paced mystery makes "Dead" quite a page-turner, and although I can't wait to read more of Perez's novels in the series, the end of the book leaves you very satisfied. **** for this one!
Daisy is a funny, loveable heroine that I think many girls can relate to in one way or another. Even the craziest characters in the novel are believable, which makes this a very fun book to read. The exciting, fast-paced mystery makes "Dead" quite a page-turner, and although I can't wait to read more of Perez's novels in the series, the end of the book leaves you very satisfied. **** for this one!
Comments
Post a Comment